Statement of Accreditation Status
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- CEO: Dr. Gordon Tomaselli, Dean
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Edward Burns
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Paul Starkey, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Not classified
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Candidate
- Status: Candidate Status Granted
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2020-2021
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2029
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- November 18, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of the teach-out plan. To approve the teach-out plan as required of Candidate institutions in accordance with the Commission’s Teach-Out Plans and Agreement(s) Policy and Procedures and federal regulation.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- June 21, 2018
To accept the Accreditation Readiness Report and to note the visit by the Commission's representatives. To grant Candidate for Accreditation status, and to invite the institution to initiate self-study in preparation for an evaluation visit in 2020-2021. To note that Candidate for Accreditation status is an indication that an institution is progressing toward, but is not assured of, accreditation.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent
- Doctor's Degree - Professional Practice
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship