Data Management Specialist
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is seeking a strong Data Management Specialist to manage the Annual Institutional Update, develop, conduct, analyze, and report results of surveys, and assist with report and dashboard development and maintenance. Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting with data manipulation and quality assurance of MSCHE data. Reporting to the Senior Director of Research, the Data Management Specialist works closely with internal staff and MSCHE membership, requiring strong communication and customer service skills.
Major Responsibilities include
- Research, gather, and summarize data findings.
- Analyze results of surveys including combining results from multiple instruments for annual reporting.
- Program processes to extract data, run comparisons, and work to insure data integrity.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of dashboards and other data displays generated using R.
- Create and conduct ad hoc surveys as needed, including regular surveys using Qualtrics.
- Extract and incorporate data into survey logic.
- Analyze data obtained and produce audience-tailored reports of results.
- Improve and maintain the AIU process, engaging in continuous improvement of AIU dictionaries and FAQ.
- Extract data from IPEDS and other sources to use in the AIU.
- Serve as the primary point of contact during the AIU open period.
- Provide superior service to internal and external “customers.”
- Aid stakeholders in accessing and understanding data and reports.
- Engage in a process of continuously improving stakeholders’ appropriate access to data.
Qualified candidates will offer a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, computer science, economics, or other applicable area of study, plus a minimum of one year of relevant experience. MSCHE is seeking candidates with experience creating and conducting complex surveys (Qualtrics experience preferred), as well as experience programming in R and other languages. Some experience with data cleansing, matching, finding corrupt and redundant information, and familiarity with ETL processes to create automated data pipelines is required. Ideal candidates will have impeccable attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills, evidence of a strong customer service mindset, and the ability to work well with others.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following job link: MSCHE Data Management Specialist
Green Card or Citizenship required for application. Visa sponsorship or H1-B transfer not currently available.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact (202) 232-1765.
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. MSCHE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.