This notice provides certain required information to persons located in the European Union (“EU”), a European Economic Area (“EAA”) member state, or Switzerland. Before Middle States Commission on Higher Education collects any personal information from you, you are entitled under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (commonly known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or the “GDPR”).
Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Middle States Commission on Higher Education will only process your personal information for lawful purposes under the GDPR related to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education’s business and educational purposes and arising from your relationship with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education will collect and process your personal information because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or because Middle States Commission on Higher Education has another legitimate interest in doing so. When Middle States Commission on Higher Education cannot rely on either of such legal grounds, it will seek your prior consent.
Rights of Residents of the European Union (EU)
If you use the Site and reside in the EU, EAA, or Switzerland, you are entitled by law to access, correct, amend, or delete personal information about you that we hold. A list of these rights is below. Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions apply.
- The right to access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right has some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the personal information we collect and process. When making a request, please provide an accurate description of the personal information you want access to.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, including: (i) when your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, or (ii) your personal information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation in EU Union or Member State law.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, including: (i) when the accuracy of the personal information is brought into question, or (ii) when we no longer need the personal information for purposes of the processing but you require such personal information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you believe your rights under the GDPR have been violated, the GDPR gives you the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- Other. You are afforded any additional rights, not otherwise specified herein, by the GDPR.
To exercise these rights please contact us at [email protected]. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request. In the event that we refuse a request under rights of access, we will provide you a reason as to why.
Right to Withdraw Consent
If Middle States Commission on Higher Education obtains your written consent to collect and process your personal data, you can subsequently withdraw such consent as to any further processing of such data by contacting us at [email protected].
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Information
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information until the personal information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided. We may retain your personal information for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, to protect you, other people, and us from fraud, abuse, an unauthorized access, as necessary to protect our legal rights, or for certain business requirements.