Statement of Accreditation Status
- CEO: Dr. Jonathan Green, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Danielle Brown
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Idna Corbett, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Baccalaureate Colleges: Arts & Sciences Focus » Four-year, small, highly residential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1930
- Last Reaffirmation: 2014
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2023-2024
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2020
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- April 30, 2018
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the first Master's degree program (Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction) within the scope of the institution's accreditation. The next evaluation is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- June 26, 2014
To reaffirm accreditation and to commend the institution on the quality of the self-study process and report. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2019.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Approved to offer ONE program at this credential level: Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction