Statement of Accreditation Status
College of Saint Rose, The
- CEO: Ms. Marcia White, Interim President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Ms. Lisa Keating
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Ellie Fogarty, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities: Larger Programs » Four-year, medium, primarily residential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1928
- Last Reaffirmation: 2014
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2022-2023
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2027
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- March 5, 2020
To note that the Mid-Point Peer Review has been conducted. To request that, beginning in 2020 and in conjunction with each Annual Institutional Update prior to the self-study visit in 2022-2023, the institution provide further evidence of improved financial viability and sustainability (Standard VI).
- February 27, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To note the institution’s decision to close the additional location at Center for Integrated Teacher Education (CITE), North Bellmore, NY 12345. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- November 16, 2017
To accept the progress report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022 - 2023.
- June 23, 2016
To accept the monitoring report. To request a progress report, due October 1, 2017, documenting further implementation of an organized and sustained process to assess achievement of expected student learning outcomes in all programs, including in general education, with evidence that assessment information is used to improve teaching and learning (Standards 12 and 14). The date for the next accreditation review will be determined by the Commission when it revises the accreditation cycle.
- June 26, 2014
To reaffirm accreditation and to request a monitoring report, due April 1, 2016, documenting (1) further development of observable learning goals for general education, appropriate to institutional mission and stated as outcomes (Standard 12); (2) further evidence of direct and indirect methods of assessment of student learning at the program level (Standard 14); and (3) program level student learning outcomes that are appropriately integrated with institutional and course level student learning outcomes (Standard 14). The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2019.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (< 1 year)
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Post-baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree or Equivalent
- Post-Master's Certificate