Statement of Accreditation Status
New York City College of Technology of the City University of New York
- CEO: Dr. Russell Hotzler, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Pamela Brown
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Paul Starkey, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields » Four-year, large, primarily nonresidential
- Control: Public
- Former Name(s): CUNY New York City Technical College (8/1/1980), CUNY - New York City College of Technology (7/26/2010)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1957
- Last Reaffirmation: 2018
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2025-2026
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2022
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2025-2026.
- March 5, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of the supplemental information report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2025-2026.
- September 30, 2019
Staff acted on behalf of the Commission to request a supplemental information report, due December 1, 2019, addressing recent action by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) which may have implications for current and future compliance with Standard III (Design and Delivery of the Student Learning Experience), Standard IV (Support of the Student Experience), Standard V (Educational Effectiveness Assessment), and Requirement of Affiliation 6.
- June 21, 2018
To reaffirm accreditation and to commend the institution for the quality of self-study process and report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2025-2026.
- Distance Education
Not approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (< 1 year)
- Postsecondary award (1-2 yrs)
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent