Statement of Accreditation Status
- CEO: Mr. Christopher Eisgruber, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Ms. Elizabeth Colagiuri
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Ellie Fogarty, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Doctoral Universities: Highest Research Activity » Four-year, medium, highly residential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1921
- Last Reaffirmation: 2014
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2023-2024
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2020
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- November 23, 2020
Staff acted on behalf of the Commission to request a supplemental information report, due January 4, 2021, addressing the United States Department of Education (USDE) letter to the institution dated September 16, 2020.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- June 26, 2014
To reaffirm accreditation and to commend the institution for the quality of the self-study process and report. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2019.
- November 17, 2011
To accept the progress report. To request that the self-study, in preparation for the evaluation team visit in 2013-2014, document comprehensive, systematic evidence of achievement of (1) institutional mission and goals (Standard 7); and (2) general education and program-level student learning outcomes, including direct evidence of student learning (Standard 14).
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Master's Degree or Equivalent
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship
- Other Instructional Site
Mpala Research Center
PO Box 555 Nanyuki 10400