New York School of Interior Design
- CEO: Mr. David Sprouls, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Christopher Vinger
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Kushnood Haq, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Four-Year: Arts, Music & Design Schools » Four-year, very small, primarily nonresidential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Candidacy Granted: 2011
- Accreditation Granted: 2016
- Last Reaffirmation: 2021
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2028-2029
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2025
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- June 24, 2021
To acknowledge receipt of the self-study report. To note that the institution hosted a virtual site visit in lieu of an on-site visit in accordance with the United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 17, 2020. To reaffirm accreditation. To note that a verification visit is required by USDE guidelines and will be conducted within a reasonable period of time following the virtual site visit. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2028-2029.
- June 23, 2016
To grant accreditation. The date for the next accreditation review will be determined by the Commission when it revises the accreditation cycle.
- January 4, 2016
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request and to include (1) the online Master of Professional Studies in Healthcare Interior Design and (2) the online Master of Professional Studies in Sustainable Interior Environments within the scope of the institution's candidate status. The evaluation visit is scheduled for 2015-2016.
- June 27, 2013
To accept the Accreditation Readiness Report and to invite the institution to initiate self-study in preparation for an evaluation visit to occur no later than 2015-16. To remind the institution that Candidate for Accreditation Status is an indication that an institution is progressing toward, but not assured of, accreditation.
- November 15, 2012
To accept the Accreditation Readiness Report and to note that a visit will not be required. To request that the next Accreditation Readiness Report, due March 1, 2013, provide updated information including but not limited to institutional developments related to Standards 12 (General Education), and 14 (Assessment of Student Learning). A visit may follow submission of the report. To note that Candidate for Accreditation status is an indication that an institution is progressing toward, but not assured of, accreditation.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (< 1 year) Included within the scope to offer ONE program: Basic Interior Design Certificate (BID)
- Postsecondary award (1-2 yrs) Included within the scope:
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Additional Location
401 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016