Statement of Accreditation Status
Ming Chuan University
250 Zhong-Shan North Road Section 5 Taipei 111
Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO):
Dr. Robert Yien
Commission Staff Liaison:
Dr. Kushnood Haq, Vice President
The Statement of Accreditation Status (SAS) is the official statement of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) about each institution’s current accreditation status and scope of accreditation. The SAS also provides a brief history of the actions taken by the Commission.
For more information, see the Commission’s Accreditation Actions Policy and Procedures.
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Candidate Status Granted: 2008
- Accreditation Granted: 2010
- Last Reaffirmation: 2016
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2024-2025
Alternative Delivery Methods
The following represents approved alternative delivery methods included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
Not approved for this delivery method
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (2-4 yrs) Included within the scope:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship Included within the scope:
The following represents branch campuses, additional locations, and other instructional sites that are included within the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
3F-8F, No.130 Jihe Rd. Shih Lin District Taipei City 111
105 De Ming Road Jinsha Township Kinmen County 890
No.13, Jie Shou Village Nan Gan Lianchiang County 209
Saginaw Valley State University Gilbertson Hall 7400 Bay Road
Saginaw, MI 48710
|Ming Chuan University - Thailand Location|
7F UTCC Building 21, 126/1 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd Khet Din Daeng
5 De Ming Rd Gui Shan District Taoyuan County 333
Definitions: For definitions of branch campus, additional locations, or other instructional sites, see the Commission’s Substantive Change Policy and Procedures.
The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years. For more information, see the Commission’s Accreditation Actions Policy and Procedures and the Substantive Change Policy and Procedures.
- May 7, 2020To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission's request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions. Continued use of distance education beyond the period of COVID-19 interruptions will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. The institution is responsible for adhering to all applicable regulations of the country in which the institution and its students are located. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2024-2025.
- April 30, 2020To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the additional location at Ming Chuan University - Thailand Location, 7F UTCC Building 21, 126/1 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd Khet Din Daeng, Bangkok, 10400 Thailand within the institution's scope of accreditation. To require immediate notification when instruction commences at the additional location. To note that the Commission may rescind this action if instruction does not commence within one calendar year from the date of this action. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2024-2025.
- June 23, 2016To reaffirm accreditation and to commend the institution for the quality of the self-study process. The date for the next accreditation review will be determined by the Commission when it revises the accreditation cycle.
- November 21, 2013To note the visit by the Commission's representative and to affirm inclusion of the additional location at EN 148, Regional Educational Center, Saginaw Valley State University, 7400 Bay Road, Saginaw, Michigan 48710 within the scope of the institution's accreditation. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2015-2016.
- August 27, 2012To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request and to include the additional location at EN 148, Regional Educational Center, Saginaw Valley State University, 7400 Bay Road, Saginaw, Michigan 48710 provisionally within the scope of the institution's accreditation pending a site visit within six months of commencing operations. The Commission requires written notification within thirty days of the commencement of operations at this additional location. In the event that operations at the additional location do not commence within one calendar year from the approval of this action, approval will lapse. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2015-2016.
- January 13, 2011The next evaluation visit is now scheduled for 2015-2016.
- November 18, 2010To grant accreditation and to commend the institution on the quality of the self-study process and report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2014-2015.
Information about the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is an institutional accreditor in the United States and is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). MSCHE accreditation applies to an institution as a whole rather than the specific programs within an institution. MSCHE does not approve or accredit individual programs. The MSCHE accreditation review cycle is continuous and accreditation does not expire. Each institution is reevaluated and monitored on a regular and consistent basis in accordance with the institution’s assigned accreditation review cycle and Commission policy and procedures. An institution maintains its accreditation unless it is voluntarily surrendered or withdrawn by the Commission for cause, after the institution has been afforded due process. The institution’s current accreditation phase and accreditation status are displayed on the institution’s listing in the Institution Directory and in the Statement of Accreditation Status (SAS).