Statement of Accreditation Status
Albany Medical College
- CEO: Dr. Alan Boulos, Dean
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Ellen Cosgrove
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Terence Peavy, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Four-Year: Medical Schools & Centers » Exclusively graduate/professional
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Former Name(s): Albany Medical College of Union University
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1921
- Last Reaffirmation: 2022
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2028-2029
- March 10, 2022
To acknowledge receipt of the self-study report. To note that the institution hosted a virtual site visit in lieu of an on-site visit in accordance with the United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 17, 2020. To reaffirm accreditation. To note that a verification visit is required by USDE guidelines and will be conducted within a reasonable period of time following the virtual site visit. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2028-2029.
- October 29, 2020
To delay the On-Site Evaluation visit scheduled for Spring 2021 due to extraordinary circumstances related to coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions and to continue accreditation. To note the institution remains accredited during a delay granted by the Commission. The Evaluation visit will be scheduled in accordance with Commission policy and procedures.
- July 8, 2019
To acknowledge receipt of documentation of approval from New York State Education Department.
- July 2, 2019
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the first Post-baccalaureate Certificate program in Clinical Investigation within the institution's scope of accreditation. To require written evidence of approvals from all necessary licensing, regulatory, or other legal entities as necessary, including New York State Education Department. To note the Commission may rescind this action if the requested substantive change is not implemented within one calendar year from the date of this action. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- November 15, 2018
To acknowledge receipt of the progress report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- November 17, 2016
To accept the Periodic Review Report and to reaffirm accreditation. To request a progress report, due October 1, 2018, further documenting the implementation of an organized, systematic, and sustained process to assess the achievement of student learning in all programs, including the use of direct measures (Standard V). The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- March 2, 2015
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request and to include the online Doctorate of Professional Studies in Bioethics program within the scope of the institution's accreditation. To request that the Periodic Review Report, due June 1, 2016, document continued implementation of an organized and sustained process to assess student learning outcomes in all programs including evidence that assessment results are used to improve teaching and learning (Standard 14).
- November 17, 2011
To accept the progress report. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2016.
- June 23, 2011
To reaffirm accreditation. To request a progress report, due October 1, 2011, documenting identification of program-specific student learning outcomes for all graduate basic science programs and development and implementation of a process for assessing achievement of those outcomes, including evidence that assessment results are used to improve teaching and learning (Standard 14). The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2016.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (< 1 year) Included within the scope:
- Postsecondary award (1-2 yrs) Included within the scope:
- Post-baccalaureate Certificate Included within the scope to offer ONE program: Clinical Investigation
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Post-Master's Certificate Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree - Professional Practice Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship Included within the scope: