Statement of Accreditation Status
Universidad Politecnica de Puerto Rico
- CEO: Eng. Ernesto Vazquez-Martinez, Executive Vicepresident and Vicepresident Administration and Finance
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Miguel Riestra
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Melissa Hardin, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Four-Year: Engineering Schools » Four-year, small, primarily nonresidential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1985
- Last Reaffirmation: 2015
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2023-2024
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2028
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- March 4, 2021
To note that the Mid-Point Peer Review has been conducted. To request that, beginning in 2021 and in conjunction with each Annual Institutional Update prior to the self-study visit in 2023-2024, the institution provide further evidence of (1) policies, processes and programs to admit, retain and facilitate the success of all students (Standard IV) and (2) improvement of key indicators of student success, including retention and graduation rates (Standard IV).
- November 15, 2018
To acknowledge receipt of the supplemental information report. To note that a follow-up visit will not be conducted. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- March 15, 2018
To accept the supplemental information report. To request a supplemental information report, due August 1, 2018, regarding the status of the institution. A small team visit may follow submission of the report.The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- October 19, 2017
To request a supplemental information report due December 1, 2017, regarding the status of the institution.
- June 23, 2016
To accept the progress report. The date for the next accreditation review will be determined by the Commission when it revises the accreditation cycle.
- June 25, 2015
To reaffirm accreditation. To request a progress report, due April 1, 2016, documenting a conflict of interest policy for the governing body which addresses matters such as remuneration, contractual relationships, employment, family, financial or other interests that could pose conflicts of interest (Standard 4). The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2020.
- June 30, 2014
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request and to include the Ph.D. program in Engineering and Applied Sciences within the scope of the institution's accreditation. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2014-2015.
- June 27, 2013
To accept the monitoring report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2014-2015.
- June 28, 2012
To accept the monitoring report. To request a monitoring report, due March 1, 2013 documenting (1) further progress in the development of alternative funding sources (Standard 3); (2) progress on improving student enrollment and retention (Standard 8); and (3) steps taken to strengthen branch campuses, including use of institutional and student learning outcomes assessments results to improve effectiveness, learning, and teaching at the branch campuses (Standards 7, 13, 14). The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2014-2015.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship Included within the scope to offer ONE program:
- Branch Campus
Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico - Miami Campus
8180 NW 36th Street Suite 401
Miami, FL 33166
- Branch Campus
Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico - Orlando Campus
550 North Econlockhatchee Trail
Orlando, FL 32825
- Additional Location
Instituto Nacional Tecnologico de Santo
Ave. Los Próceres Calle Gala Santo Domingo República Dominicana
- Other Instructional Site
12 Carr.698 #1
Dorado, PR 00646