Statement of Accreditation Status
Colegio Universitario de San Juan
- CEO: Dra. Ana Marchena, Interim Chancellor
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dra. Haydee Zayas
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Idna Corbett, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields » Four-year, small, primarily nonresidential
- Control: Public
- Former Name(s): Technological College of San Juan (1/1/2003), Technological College of the Municipality of San Juan (1/1/1999), San Juan Technological Community College (1/1/1982), University College of San Juan (5/26/2017)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1978
- Last Reaffirmation: 2019
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2026-2027
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2023
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2026-2027.
- June 27, 2019
To acknowledge receipt of the self-study report. To note the visit by the Commission's representatives. To reaffirm accreditation. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2026-2027.
- November 15, 2018
To acknowledge receipt of the supplemental information report. To note that a follow-up visit will not be conducted. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2018-2019.
- March 15, 2018
To accept the supplemental information report. To request a supplemental information report, due August 1, 2018, regarding the status of the institution. A small team visit may follow submission of the report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2018-2019.
- October 19, 2017
To request a supplemental information report due December 1, 2017, regarding the status of the institution.
- June 23, 2016
To accept the monitoring report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2018-2019.
- November 20, 2014
To accept the Periodic Review Report and to reaffirm accreditation. To request a monitoring report, due April 1, 2016, documenting further progress on the implementation of (1) strategies to measure and assess the level of, and efficient utilization of, institutional resources required to support the institution's mission and goals (Standard 3); and (2) an enrollment management plan for recruitment, retention, marketing, and advertising that addresses short-term and long-term enrollment projections (Standard 8). The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2018-2019.
- June 23, 2011
To accept the progress report. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2014.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (< 1 year)
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent