Statement of Accreditation Status
Lancaster Theological Seminary
- CEO: Mr. Eric Hoerner, Acting President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Vanessa Lovelace
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Kushnood Haq, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Four-Year: Faith-Related Institutions » Exclusively graduate/professional
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1978
- Last Reaffirmation: 2014
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2023-2024
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2028
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- March 4, 2021
To note that the Mid-Point Peer Review has been conducted and no further evidence is required at this time. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- October 29, 2018
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the first alternative delivery method program (online Certificate in Anglican Studies) within the scope of the institution’s accreditation. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- November 19, 2015
To accept the monitoring report. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2019.
- June 26, 2014
To reaffirm accreditation and to request a monitoring report, due October 1, 2015, documenting further development of (1) a financial planning and budgeting process aligned with the institution's mission, goals, and plan that provides for an annual budget and multi-year budget projections informed by planning and institutional assessment (Standard 3); and (2) a documented, organized and sustained process to evaluate and improve the total range of programs and services (Standard 7). The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2019.
- November 17, 2011
To accept the monitoring report. To request that the self-study in preparation for the 2013-2014 evaluation visit include evidence of (1) a financial planning and budgeting process aligned with the institution's mission, goals, and plan that provides for an annual budget and multi-year budget projections, both institution-wide and among departments (Standard 3); and (2) a review of the enrollment management plan for recruitment, retention, graduation, marketing, and advertising (Standard 8).
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Post-baccalaureate Certificate Included within the scope:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree - Professional Practice Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship Included within the scope: