Statement of Accreditation Status
Westminster Theological Seminary
- CEO: Dr. Peter Lillback, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Ms. Jaclyn Gober
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Anne Wahl, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Four-Year: Faith-Related Institutions » Exclusively graduate/professional
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1954
- Last Reaffirmation: 2014
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2022-2023
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2027
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- March 5, 2020
To note that the Mid-Point Peer Review has been conducted and no further evidence is required at this time. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- August 27, 2018
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To note the institution's decision to close its additional location at Pastors' Academy at the London Seminary, London, UK and to approve the teach-out plan. The Commission requires notification within thirty days of the closure of this additional location. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- May 1, 2017
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the second alternative delivery method program - online Masters of Arts in Counseling (MAC) within the scope of the institution's accreditation. The next evaluation visit is now scheduled for 2022-2023.
- June 23, 2016
To accept the progress report. The date for the next accreditation review will be determined by the Commission when it revises the accreditation cycle.
- June 26, 2014
To reaffirm accreditation and to commend the institution for the quality of the self-study report. To request a progress report due April 1, 2016 documenting the continued development and implementation of (1) a financial planning and budgeting process aligned with the institution's mission, goals, and plan, that provides for both annual and multi-year budget projections (Standard 3); and (2) a comprehensive enrollment management plan, including steps taken to improve student enrollment (Standard 8). The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2019.
- January 2, 2013
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request and to include the online post-baccalaureate certificate in Christian Studies within the scope of the institution's accreditation. To remind the institution of the request that the self-study in preparation for the 2013-2014 evaluation visit document further development and implementation of a resource allocation and budgeting process that is aligned with the institution's mission, goals, and strategic plan (Standard 3). To further request that the self-study document progress in the implementation of the online post-baccalaureate certificate in Christian Studies, including success in meeting enrollment projections (Standard 13).
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Post-baccalaureate Certificate Included within the scope:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree - Professional Practice Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship Included within the scope:
- Additional Location
London Theological Seminary
London Pastors Academy at London Seminary 104 Hendon Lane, N3 3SQ
- Other Instructional Site
Briarwood Presbyterian Church, PCA
2200 Briarwood Way
Birmingham, AL 35243