Statement of Accreditation Status
- CEO: Dr. Susan Traverso, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Elizabeth Frombgen
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Sean McKitrick, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Baccalaureate Colleges: Arts & Sciences Focus » Four-year, small, highly residential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1922
- Last Reaffirmation: 2015
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2020-2021
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2025
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- April 30, 2019
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the second Master’s degree program (Master of Science in Physician Assistant) within the institution’s scope of accreditation. To note that the Commission may rescind this action if the requested substantive change is not implemented within one calendar year from the date of this action. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- November 6, 2017
To note approval of all necessary institutional approvals and to include the first Master's degree program (Master's of Science in Speech-Language Pathology) within the scope of the institution's accreditation.
- October 30, 2017
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the first Master's degree program (Master's of Science in Speech-Language Pathology) within the scope of the institution's accreditation, to be effective upon receipt of necessary institutional approvals. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- June 22, 2017
To accept the monitoring report. The next self-study evaluation is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- Distance Education
Not approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Master's Degree or Equivalent