Statement of Accreditation Status
- CEO: Dr. Bassam Deeb, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Richard Linn
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Paul Starkey, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools » Four-year, very small, primarily nonresidential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Former Name(s): Santa Maria College (9/1/1966)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1974
- Last Reaffirmation: 2019
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2027-2028
- June 27, 2019
To acknowledge receipt of the self-study report. To note the visit by the Commission's representatives. To reaffirm accreditation. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2027-2028.
- April 30, 2019
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the first Postsecondary Certificate (<1 year) - Applied Analytics Certificate within the institution's scope of accreditation. To note the Commission may rescind this action if the requested substantive change is not implemented within one calendar year from the date of this action. To note that the evaluation visit has occurred and will be acted upon by the Commission in the June meeting.
- November 20, 2014
To accept the Periodic Review Report, to reaffirm accreditation and to commend the institution for the quality of the Periodic Review Report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2018-2019.
- October 25, 2011
To acknowledge receipt of documentation of approval from The University of the State of New York and to include the online Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree within the scope of the institution's accreditation.
- August 30, 2011
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request and to include the online Bachelor of Science in Nursing program within the scope of the institution's accreditation. To include the online Associate's (A.A.S.) in Hospitality Management program within the scope of the institution's accreditation, effective upon notification of receipt of state approval of the program. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2014.
- June 23, 2011
To accept the progress report. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2014.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (< 1 year) Included within the scope to offer ONE program: Applied Analytics Certificate
- Postsecondary award (1-2 yrs) Included within the scope
- Postsecondary award (2-4 yrs) Included within the scope
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope
- Additional Location
6681 Transit Road
Lancaster, NY 14086
- Other Instructional Site
Bishop Timon High School
601 McKinley Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14220