Statement of Accreditation Status
American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- CEO: Ms. Susan Zech, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Mr. David Sullivan
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Robert Bonfiglio, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Two-Year: Arts & Design » Two-year, very small
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1983
- Last Reaffirmation: 2016
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2020-2021
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2025
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- January 4, 2021
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include alternative delivery method-distance education within the institution's scope of accreditation. To note that the Commission reserves the right to rescind approval of this substantive change if any developments reveal additional information that might have affected the Commission's decision and/or the requested substantive change is not implemented within one calendar year from the date of this action. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- October 29, 2020
To delay the On-Site Evaluation visit scheduled for Spring 2021 due to extraordinary circumstances related to coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions and to continue accreditation. To note the institution remains accredited during a delay granted by the Commission. The Evaluation visit will be scheduled in accordance with Commission policy and procedures.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission's request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- November 17, 2016
To accept the Periodic Review Report and to reaffirm accreditation. To recognize the institution for progress to date and to commend the institution for the quality of the Periodic Review Report process. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2020-2021.
- June 27, 2013
To accept the progress report. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2016.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (1-2 yrs) Included within the scope:
- Postsecondary award (2-4 yrs) Included within the scope:
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Branch Campus
American Academy of Dramatic Arts, CA
1336 North LaBrea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028