Statement of Accreditation Status
Princeton Theological Seminary
- CEO: Dr. M. Craig Barnes, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Dr. Shawn Oliver
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Robert Bonfiglio, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Four-Year: Faith-Related Institutions » Exclusively graduate/professional
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1968
- Last Reaffirmation: 2020
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2027-2028
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2024
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2027-2028.
- March 5, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of the self-study report. To note the visit by the Commission’s representatives. To reaffirm accreditation. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2027-2028.
- November 19, 2015
To accept the Periodic Review Report, to reaffirm accreditation, and to commend the institution for the quality of the Periodic Review Report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2019-2020.
- June 28, 2012
To accept the monitoring report. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2015.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent
- Post-Master's Certificate
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship