Statement of Accreditation Status
- CEO: Dr. Colleen Keith, President
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Ms. Alison White
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Terence Peavy, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Special Focus Four-Year: Business & Management Schools » Four-year, small, primarily residential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1976
- Last Reaffirmation: 2016
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2024-2025
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2021
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- January 4, 2021
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include alternative delivery method-distance education within the institution’s scope of accreditation. To note that the Commission reserves the right to rescind approval of this substantive change if any developments reveal additional information that might have affected the Commission’s decision and/or the requested substantive change is not implemented within one calendar year from the date of this action. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2024-2025.
- April 16, 2020
To acknowledge receipt of formal written notice from the institution in response to the Commission’s request of March 9, 2020. To temporarily waive Substantive Change Policy and Procedures and allow the use of distance education to accommodate students impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) interruptions, in accordance with United States Department of Education (USDE) guidelines published March 5, 2020. Continued use of distance education beyond the limitations of USDE guidelines will require substantive change approval in accordance with Substantive Change Policy and Procedures. This flexibility is not available for clock-hour courses that lead to licensure if the licensing body will not accept distance learning courses or hours or give credit for them toward the number of hours a student must complete. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2024-2025.
- October 30, 2017
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the first Doctor's - Research/Scholarship program (Doctor of Business Administration) within the scope of the institution’s accreditation. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2024-2025.
- March 3, 2016
To reaffirm accreditation. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2021.
- November 21, 2013
To accept the monitoring report and to note that a small team visit will not be conducted at this time. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2015-2016.
- November 17, 2011
To reaffirm accreditation. To request a monitoring report, due October 1, 2013, providing evidence of the implementation of (1) an organized and sustainable assessment process to improve institutional effectiveness, with evidence that assessment information is used in budgeting, planning and resource allocation and to gain efficiencies in programs, services, and processes (Standard 7); (2) programs and services to ensure the retention of admitted students who marginally meet or who do not meet the institution’s qualifications and evidence of their achievement of expected learning outcomes (Standard 8); and (3) an organized and sustainable process to assess the achievement of expected student learning outcomes in all programs, with evidence that assessment information is used to improve teaching and learning and to achieve institutional mission, goals and plans (Standards 7, 11 and 14). A small team visit will follow submission of the monitoring report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2015-2016.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (< 1 year) Included within the scope:
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Post-baccalaureate Certificate Included within the scope:
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree- Research/Scholarship Included within the scope to offer ONE program: Doctor's of Business Administration (DBA)