Statement of Accreditation Status
Inter American University of Puerto Rico Arecibo Campus
Carr.#2, Km. 80.4 Bo. San Daniel Sector Las Canelas
Arecibo, PR 00614-4050
Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO):
Mrs. Enid Arbelo
Commission Staff Liaison:
Dr. Paul Starkey, Vice President
The Statement of Accreditation Status (SAS) is the official statement of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) about each institution’s current accreditation status and scope of accreditation. The SAS also provides a brief history of the actions taken by the Commission.
For more information, see the Commission’s Accreditation Actions Policy and Procedures.
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1957
- Last Reaffirmation: 2013
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2022-2023
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2027
Alternative Delivery Methods
The following represents approved alternative delivery methods included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (1-2 yrs) Included within the scope:
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Post-baccalaureate Certificate Included within the scope to offer ONE program: Wounds and Skincare
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Doctor's Degree - Professional Practice Included within the scope to offer ONE program: Doctor of Nurse Anesthetic Practice (DNAP)
The following represents branch campuses, additional locations, and other instructional sites that are included within the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
|Inter Philadelphia Education Center Taller Puertorriqueño|
2600 N. 5th St
Philadelphia, PA 19133
|Orlando Cyber Study Center|
13574 Village Park Drive Suite 150
Orlando, FL 32837
|Other Instructional Site|
Definitions: For definitions of branch campus, additional locations, or other instructional sites, see the Commission’s Substantive Change Policy and Procedures.
The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years. For more information, see the Commission’s Accreditation Actions Policy and Procedures and the Substantive Change Policy and Procedures.
- January 4, 2022To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the first Doctor- Professional Practice - Doctor of Nurse Anesthetic Practice (DNAP) within the institution's scope of accreditation. To note that written evidence of necessary approvals has been provided. To note the Commission may rescind this action if the requested substantive change is not implemented within one calendar year from the date of this action. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- June 23, 2021To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the additional location at 2600 N. 5th St., Philadelphia, PA 19133 within the institution's scope of accreditation. To direct a substantive change site visit as soon as practicable but no later than six months after the commencement of instruction at the additional location. To require immediate notification when instruction commences at the additional location. To note that the Commission reserves the right to rescind this action if any developments reveal additional information that might have affected the Commission's decision and/or the requested substantive change is not implemented within one calendar year from the date of this action. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- March 5, 2020To note that the Mid-Point Peer Review has been conducted and no further evidence is required at this time. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- November 15, 2018To acknowledge receipt of the supplemental information report. To note that a follow-up team visit will not be conducted. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- March 15, 2018To accept the Supplemental Information report. To request a Supplemental Information report, due August 1, 2018, regarding the status of the institution. A small team visit may follow submission of the report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- October 19, 2017To request a supplemental information report due December 1, 2017, regarding the status of the institution.
- June 27, 2013To reaffirm accreditation. To commend the institution for the quality of the self-study process. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2018.
Information about the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is one of seven institutional accrediting organizations in the United States and is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). MSCHE accreditation applies to an institution as a whole rather than the specific programs within an institution. MSCHE does not approve or accredit individual programs. The MSCHE accreditation review cycle is continuous and accreditation does not expire. Each institution is reevaluated and monitored on a regular and consistent basis in accordance with the institution’s assigned accreditation review cycle and Commission policy and procedures. An institution maintains its accreditation unless it is voluntarily surrendered or withdrawn by the Commission for cause, after the institution has been afforded due process. The institution’s current accreditation phase and accreditation status are displayed on the institution’s listing in the Institution Directory and in the Statement of Accreditation Status (SAS).