Statement of Accreditation Status
Inter American University of Puerto Rico Arecibo Campus
- CEO: Dr. Rafael Ramirez-Rivera, Chancellor
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Mrs. Enid Arbelo
- Commission Staff Liaison: Dr. Paul Starkey, Vice President
- Carnegie Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities: Medium Programs » Four-year, medium, primarily nonresidential
- Control: Private (Non-Profit)
- Phase: Accredited
- Status: Accreditation Reaffirmed
- Accreditation Granted: 1957
- Last Reaffirmation: 2013
- Next Self-Study Evaluation: 2022-2023
- Next Mid-Point Peer Review: 2027
- The following represents the MSCHE accreditation actions taken in the last ten (10) years.
- June 23, 2021
To acknowledge receipt of the substantive change request. To include the additional location at 2600 N. 5th St., Philadelphia, PA 19133 within the institution’s scope of accreditation. To direct a substantive change site visit as soon as practicable but no later than six months after the commencement of instruction at the additional location. To require immediate notification when instruction commences at the additional location. To note that the Commission reserves the right to rescind this action if any developments reveal additional information that might have affected the Commission’s decision and/or the requested substantive change is not implemented within one calendar year from the date of this action. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- March 5, 2020
To note that the Mid-Point Peer Review has been conducted and no further evidence is required at this time. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- November 15, 2018
To acknowledge receipt of the supplemental information report. To note that a follow-up team visit will not be conducted. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- March 15, 2018
To accept the Supplemental Information report. To request a Supplemental Information report, due August 1, 2018, regarding the status of the institution. A small team visit may follow submission of the report. The next evaluation visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
- October 19, 2017
To request a supplemental information report due December 1, 2017, regarding the status of the institution.
- June 27, 2013
To reaffirm accreditation. To commend the institution for the quality of the self-study process. The Periodic Review Report is due June 1, 2018.
- Distance Education
Approved to offer programs by this delivery method
- Correspondence Education
Not approved for this delivery method
Approved Credential Levels
The following represents credential levels included in the scope of the institution’s accreditation:
- Postsecondary award (1-2 yrs) Included within the scope:
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Post-baccalaureate Certificate Included within the scope to offer ONE program: Wounds and Skincare
- Master's Degree or Equivalent Included within the scope:
- Additional Location
Inter Philadelphia Education Center Taller Puertorriqueño
2600 N. 5th St
Philadelphia, PA 19133
- Other Instructional Site
Orlando Cyber Study Center
13574 Village Park Drive Suite 150
Orlando, FL 32837