Leveraging the Self-Study Process and Strategic Planning
May 16 at 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Change at times is forced upon institutions for any number of reasons including challenging demographics, increased competition, financial pressures, societal changes, and even global pandemics. Change and institutional improvement should be continually driven by regular assessment, planning, and resource allocation. The self-study process should be valuable to an institution, enabling it to demonstrate that it meets the Commission’s expectations and to gain insights that will serve the institution well for several years after the Self-Study Report and On-Site Evaluation Visit have been completed. During this webinar, institutions from different sectors will share their case studies of how they leveraged the self-study process and results to inform institutional strategic planning. They will discuss how they have engaged in careful analysis of the recommendations identified by the working groups during the self-study process, as well as the collegial advice and recommendations from the visiting team to identify areas of improvement, respond effectively to challenges, and identify and adopt innovative practices to achieve institutional mission, adapt to changes in the higher education sector, and best serve students and their communities.
Audience: Open to All
- Review the various steps of the accreditation review cycle and monitoring, with emphasis on the purpose and role of the Self-Study in the context of institutional planning and assessment processes.
- Recognize the connections between institutional mission, strategic priorities, and strategic goal implementation.
- Recognize how institutions use the recommendations resulting from the self-study process to guide improvement efforts throughout all institutional activities.
- Identify how ongoing attention to accreditation compliance helps institutions prepare for subsequent self-study evaluation activities.
- Articulate norms and practices associated with effective practice in evidencing compliance and use of assessment results in strategic planning.
The event will be recorded and distributed to registrants following the live event.