Applying, Assessing, and Documenting Effective Board Governance (fee based)
December 8 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Effective board governance continues to be a weighty issue in higher education. This has been particularly true in the recent past when more voices are calling for boards to be more effective in providing risk management oversight, in helping institutions respond successfully to student needs, to public demands for accountability, and to demands for high-quality outcomes. This webinar addresses key aspects of effective board governance, including duties, responsibilities, and cultural aspects. It will also address strategies for successfully documenting and assessing board governance to demonstrate effective board governance.
At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize goals, attitudes, and expectations associated with effective boards of directors/trustees
- Learn about and apply three duties of board governance using their own institutions as context
- Explain Commission board governance expectations to their institutional colleagues and stakeholders
- Leverage board member diversity to bring multiple perspectives into evidence-based board discussions and to enhance overall board value to their institutions
- Employ specific assessment methods that could be used to enhance the quality of board governance
- Become familiar with and utilize documentation strategies for demonstrating compliance with Commission expectations for board governance.
Audience: Governing board and other institutional governance body members, steering committee members, faculty, staff, and those interested in learning more about board governance expectations and how to assess and document them.
Registration fees are non-refundable. The event will be recorded and distributed to registrants following the live event.
Registration deadline: December 1, 2020
Space is limited and registration will close when the event is full.
Sponsored by AGB Consulting
AGB Consulting’s comprehensive expertise encompasses the entire Higher Education enterprise. Our team members are your trusted advisors when addressing strategy, transformation, and governance challenges and opportunities. With a focus on mergers, affiliations, consolidations, and closures, business model issues, and other governance challenges, we support your innovative, transformational change efforts and help you become a more prosperous, sustainable institution.