Orientation for New Peer Reviewers
March 20, 2017 - Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel - Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia Skyline · Photo by Bob Krist - Courtesy of Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau.
About the Workshop
Each year, individuals who have recently been selected as new Peer Reviewers for Middle States Commission on Higher Education are required to come to an Orientation for New Peer Reviewers to acquaint them with the Commission's policies and procedures surrounding the various peer reviewer roles and institutional reviews, and the 2014 Standards for Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation.
• To orient new reviewers to the peer review process and roles
• Become familiar with Middle States policies and procedures, as they apply to Peer Review
• Understand your responsibilities as a Middle States peer reviewer
• Interpret Middle States accreditation Standards and apply them appropriately within the context of a particular institution’s higher educational mission
• Understand the multi-level accreditation review process
7:30 A.M. Registration/Continental Breakfast
8:30 A.M. Workshop Begins
12:00 noon - 1:00 P.M. Lunch
4:00 P.M. Workshop Concludes
This workshop is available by invitation only, and space is limited. You will need the registration code provided in your invitation letter. Registrations must be received on or before March 3, 2017. No on-site registration available.
Cancellations: Contact MSCHE at (267) 284-5000.
Participants are responsible for their own accommodations. MSCHE has reserved a limited room block for this event at the Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel at the rate of $169 single/double. Reservations must be made on or before February 17, 2017. Click HERE to make your reservation, or contact the hotel directly at 888-627-7071 and mention Middle States Spring Orientation to receive the group rate. The hotel is located at: 3549 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680; Telephone: (267) 284-5000