Advocacy Alert: USDE Begins Negotiated Rulemaking for Institutional and Programmatic Eligibility Committee
The United States Department of Education’s Office of Postsecondary Education established a new negotiated rulemaking committee to prepare proposed regulations for the Federal Student Aid programs authorized under title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA).
Negotiators on the Institutional and Programmatic Eligibility Committee are meeting for three sessions in 2022: January 18 to 21, February 14 to 18 and March 14 to 18. All sessions will be conducted virtually and available for the public to view.
The Committee will address:
- 90/10 under 34 CFR 668.28;
- Ability to benefit under 34 CFR 668.156;
- Certification procedures for participation in title IV, HEA programs under 34 CFR 668.13;
- Change of ownership and change in control of institutions of higher education under 34 CFR 600.31;
- Financial responsibility for participating institutions of higher education under 34 CFR 668.15 and 34 CFR part 668, subpart L, such as events that indicate heightened financial risk;
- Gainful employment (formerly located in 34 CFR part 668, subpart Q); and
- Standards of administrative capability under 34 CFR 668.16.
For additional information and how to reserve time for public comment, click here.