Virtual Town Hall Draws Over 1,000 Participants to Hear MSCHE Updates
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) hosted a Virtual Town Hall, sponsored by Xitracs, a Division of Concord USA, on Monday, September 21, 2020. Over, 1,200 individuals from the across the membership and the public registered for the webinar with the vast majority tuning in.
Featured speakers included Commissioner COL(R) Gerald C. Kobylski, President Dr. Heather Perfetti, Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff Dr. Stephen Pugliese, Senior Vice President for Accreditation Relations Dr. Christy Faison, and a number of other MSCHE staff members.
Over the course of two hours, presenters reviewed:
- Changes at MSCHE, including a review of the strategic priorities for the Commission under its new leadership with an update on the new membership initiative;
- The accreditation landscape that has the potential to impact the higher education community, including the regulatory changes that went into effect on July 1, 2020;
- The latest MSCHE adjustments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as well as sharing results from the recent MSCHE membership survey;
- Updates on accreditation policies, processes, and activities, including Self-Study, AIU, and MPPR; and
- Future training and workshop opportunities.
The Commission also welcomed the opportunity to answer questions received prior to and during the presentation with a number of inquiries centering on the temporary distance education waivers.
Click Here to download the Webinar PowerPoint.
Categories: Accreditation, Events, MSCHE Staff, Policy and Procedures, The Commission, Workshops and Training