ACE Fellows Visit MSCHE
With the 101st Annual Meeting of the American Council on Education (ACE) taking place in Philadelphia from March 9-12, 2019, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education hosted nine ACE fellows for a lunch and learn. A visit to the Commission offices was an opportunity for the Fellows to engage in conversation about accreditation.
Commission staff gave an overview of accreditation, spoke about the role of Peer Evaluators, emphasized the importance of mission-centered peer review and continuous improvement and innovation, and discussed current topics in higher education such as mergers and closures of institutions.
The ACE Fellows Program helps ensure that higher education’s future leaders are ready to take on real-world challenges and serve the capacity-building needs of their institutions.
ACE Fellows Class of 2018-2019 in Attendance
Attendee (current placement), title, and home institution
- Dale Brugh (University of Toledo), Associate Dean for Innovation and Technology and Professor of Chemistry, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Craig Cobane (Florida Gulf Coast University), Executive Director of the Mahurin Honors College and Professor, Honors Academy, Western Kentucky University
- Michael Laver (SUNY College at Fredonia*), Department Chair and Associate Professor of History, *Rochester Institute of Technology
- Claudia Petrescu (Georgia State University), Dean of Graduate Education, Oakland University
- Lisa Rafalson (Adler University), Associate Professor and Department Chair of Health Services Administration and, D’Youville College*
- Eileen Spain (Mount St. Mary’s University, Los Angeles), Associate Dean of the College and Carl F. Braun Professor of Chemistry, Occidental College
- Nancy Wayne (University of Redlands), Professor and Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, University of California, Los Angeles
- Penny Yee (University of Washington, Seattle), Associate Dean of Faculty and Professor of Psychology, *Hamilton College
- David Yoo (Santa Clara University), Vice Provost of the Institute of American Cultures, University of California, Los Angeles
Categories: MSCHE Staff, Presentation